Raw German Chocolate Cheesecake
The raw geniuses at lifeandhealth.org make a deliciously rich german chocolate cake. This recipe is sugar free, gluten free, and free of dairy. Ready to be even more amazed? This recipe can be made entirely in a high speed blender!
1¾ cups raw almonds
¼ cup raw cacao powder
¾ cup Medjool dates, pitted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon agave nectar
3 cups raw cashews
1½ cups almond or soy milk
1 cup agave nectar
5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons soy lecithin
1¼ cups coconut butter or oil, melted
To make the crust:
1. Add all crust ingredients to a food processor.
2. Process until the crust begins to rise on the sides of the processor’s bowl.
3. Stop the machine and use a spatula to mix the crust. Repeat a few times until the mixture is smooth and consistent. The final result should be a mixture that holds together with gentle pressure.
4. Wash your hands so the crust doesn’t stick, then use your knuckles to lightly and evenly press the mixture into the bottom portion only of a 9-inch cheesecake pan. Set aside.
To make the filling:
5. Blend all filling ingredients except the soy lecithin and coconut oil, until the mixture is completely creamy. Then, add the lecithin and melted coconut oil. Blend on high until well mixed.
6. Pour the filling over the crust and tap the cheesecake pan on the counter several times to remove air bubbles in the filling. Refrigerate overnight or in the freezer for 2 hours. To store, cover and place in the fridge. The cheesecake keeps well for at least 4 days.
Ready in about 2½ hours
Makes 24 servings